YOU are your best defense against viruses and other infections. Follow these simple tips to keep you and your family healthy:*
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, for 20 seconds.
- Or, use a hand sanitizer that is least 60% alcohol-based.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid sharing food, cups or eating utensils.
- Disinfect your home and belongings, such as children’s toys and play areas.
- Stay home from school or work if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing with a tissue, your sleeve or your elbow and NOT your bare hands.
- Get a flu shot
- Call your local hospital or your primary care doctor with any questions.
- *Source: Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)
Northwest Medical Center recognizes the value of educating staff, physicians, and the community about influenza disease, diagnosis and management, as well as the need for vaccination. Influenza season runs from October to May of each year. For more information on influenza please visit the links below.