Beginning May 12, 2020, Northwest Medical Center will implement the following updated guidelines for visitors and hospital staff. We ask for everyone's cooperation as we continue to provide a safe work environment for our staff, while once again providing the care and services needed by our community.
Visitors and patients will once again be allowed to enter the hospital through the Main Lobby.
Guidelines for visitors to the hospital:
- 1 family member per patient.
- Social distancing is required (Maintain a distance of 6ft from other persons)
- 1 family member may visit in Senior Care.
- 1 family member may accompany Emergency Department patients.
- 1 parent may accompany minor children.
- No family members under the age of 16 allowed to visit.
- 2 family members will be allowed to visit at the discretion of Nursing Administration for terminal patients.
- The Dining room will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- Hand sanitizing stations and facemasks will be available at hospital entrances and visitors will be asked to use them upon entering the hospital.
- Employees will monitor their temperature each day at the beginning and end of their shift.
- The following screening questions still apply to all employees:
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 24 hours?
- Have you experienced new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you experienced vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
Employees must wear a face mask anytime they are outside their office and in each egress throughout the hospital.
Hospital and Clinics are to observe the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and/or Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) recommendations.